Last week, after narrowing down my search for a water-proof solution for my iPhone, I decided to purchase a LifeProof case. I had no idea what a whirlwind of an adventure this would be. There is a frenzy-like environment over these cases. The reviews have been solid, the videos that show people outright ABUSING their iPhones in oceans, lakes and aquariums are incredible- it’s no wonder people are scrambling to get a LifeProof case (have you ever had to replace a phone, due to water damage? Ok, me neither. But I don’t want to go through it.)
I have delved into kayaking and open-water swimming this year and need something that will protect my fragile and delicate iPhone4 (the back case of mine has already been shattered and replaced in the last few weeks.) So I’m trying to get my hands on a LifeProof case. It’s a process, I tell ya. But from what I can tell, it will be worth it (especially when I go on a cruise, later this year…)
That all aside, I’m trying to get a pretty good hold on the process for ordering these things. Here’s what I have learned about ordering a LifeProof case, so far:
How to order a LifeProof iPhone case:
1. First, go to this page and fill in the form on the right, which looks like this:
2. Next, check your email for an email titled “LifeProof iPhone 4 Case Preorder (After 4/13): Please Confirm Pre-Order” (or similar). There is a link within that email that you need to click to confirm your “subscription.” The email looks something like this:
3. You will then receive an email from LifeProof titled “LifeProof iPhone 4 Case Preorder (After 4/13): Subscription Confirmed” (or similar.) It looks like this:
4. At this point, I have gone as far as possible, in terms of moving this process along. LP is scrambling to make these things available to us, but the next step is to receive a Purchase Link. For the time being, Purchase Links have been disabled so that LP can catch up and make sure that they are able to efficiently deliver a quality product. Once we receive a Purchase Link, we will then be able to go ahead and make our purchases for a LifeProof Case. From one post I read on Facebook, this Purchase Link won’t be available until around Mid-July.
5. Flip your television on to Versus and watch The Tour until you receive your Purchase Link. Spend quality time with your kids or family. Row your kayak, go for a run, or browse FailBlog.org. Whatever you do, do not keep refreshing your email, over and over. It won’t do anything for you, except make you miserable. Also, feel free to add some positive vibes to the LifeProof Facebook Page. Mod down some naysayers or something. But for now, excuse me. I have to go refresh my email…
I’ll update this process as it unfolds and enjoy the same feeling you get a few weeks before Christmas.